Saturday, July 15, 2017

30 hours (or 10 months) later

Status post thirty hour ICU call, and I miss writing.

(Other things I miss: SLEEP, consuming things other than protein bars and black coffee, regularly seeing the sun, etc, etc.)

But on a serious note, there's something about being awake for hours on end, taking care of humans on the edge of life, semi-delirious with worry and exhaustion and adrenaline and hope that has me missing words.

So I did a couple of things:

1. I signed up to take a seminar for physician writers. It meets once a month and seems very laid back. I hope it actually is very laid back because, aside from sporadic blogging and long-winded H&Ps, I'm not actually much of a writer. But I think I'd like to be.

2. I dug through a cob-webbed corner of the internet and found this blog again. I suppose I could write anywhere, but I kind of like that I've had this thing for seven (seven!) years now and have still managed to pop in every few years (looks like last time was 16 months ago?) or so to say hello.

But anyway.

How's life?






No comments:

Post a Comment