Sunday, November 4, 2018

idea garden.

thoughts on warm, quiet sunday:

There are days my mind overflows with ideas.

The Notes app on my phone is in constant use.

I'll have nine million research project ideas. I'll constantly be plugging terms into PubMed, wondering has this been done before? Does this data set exist? What if we...?

I'll have nineteen million running ideas. I'll keep looking at my Google Calendar, noting what my golden weekends, and look up half marathons and trail races and triathalons. I'll swim for the first time in ages. I'll go to a weird new fitness class. I'll just want to run and skin and move.

I'll have ninety million adventure ideas. Climb Kilimanjaro? Macchu Picchu? Everest Base Camp? Sign. Me. Up. The world is so big, it'll swallow me up.

I have so many lists-- notes on my phone, email drafts to myself, sheets in my OneNote app, random scraps of paper on my desk.

There are days when my mind comes alive.

What do I do with these days? How do I balance them with the day-to-day consistency, the mundane work, the Hufflepuff-eque work effort needed to actually take these NINE ZILLION ideas and transform them into actions? How to I balance these days with the sixteen-hour call days when the only idea I have is to eat a frozen dinner, put on my pajamas, and sleep?




No comments:

Post a Comment