Saturday, January 30, 2016

Onward (and upward).

It's been a weird month. I've had a lot going on (research, teaching, volunteering, more research), but it's all been very intrinsically motivated. Normally, I thrive in this sort of situation, but this month has been luke warm. I've accomplished things, but my to do list still has many un-checked boxes, and I can't shake the feeling that I could have done more.

I think it might simply be this season in life, both literally (January always does this to me), and figuratively (waiting for the Match, waiting to set a wedding date, waiting to be a "real" doctor). I'm in this strange sort of limbo where the constant cycle of waiting and worrying makes it hard to focus on the concrete goals of here and now.

Maybe I should have done a more clear-cut rotation this month, after all.

But anyway! It's a new month, and a new rotation, and I've decided to stop worrying and get back to learning and creating and letting life happen.

Yesterday, I entered and verified my rank list. Today, I'm flying to Montana.

not montana. switzerland. but still, mountains. 


The mountains are calling.




No comments:

Post a Comment