Saturday, January 9, 2016

Currently: 1.9.16

Working:
On a couple medical education projects. I need to eventually shift over and finish up some hematology research, but it's been fun to think about med ed for a while. I'm not sure how I can mold a career that includes both of these interests, but I hope it works.

Moving:
6 mile run followed by a 10 minute YouTube arm workout. I'm headed to Shakti tomorrow for my first yoga of 2016 and super excited. Ommmmmmmm....

Learning:
Endocrinology. I have no idea why I picked endocrine to read about, other than some vague feeling that I had probably forgotten a lot of what I used to know. Apparently, that vague feeling was correct, because I've be reading and re-teaching myself quite a bit! It's been good, though. Endo is fun.

go glands go!

Reading:
Up a storm! 2015 has been a good year for books. I recently finished Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore. It was fun, and raised a few interesting points (particularly the role of new technology and computing to solve old problems), but didn't quite have substance I look for in a novel. I'm now listening to the Elon Musk biography via Ben's audible account. It's pretty interesting-- I honestly knew nothing about Musk prior to reading this, other than Ben admired him-- and an interesting look at Silicon Valley and technological advances.




Listening:
Serial Season II. It's not as good as Season I. I feel like a horrible person for saying that-- the subject should be interesting and the human interest aspect should pique my interest-- but it simply doesn't grab me the way a high-school murder does. I'll still listen to it, but RadioLab continues to be my favorite podcast.

Watching:
The Holiday Special for Sherlock. So good. So, so, so good. I am really not a TV person. Sherlock is literally the only show I watch, unless you could the occasional episode of House Hunters International when I'm at my parents' house for a holiday. But Sherlock is fun, and there are few enough episodes (the holiday special makes a grand total of 10 for the entire history of the show) that Ben and I can actually watch it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment